Beach Sit-UpEquipment Required: none, just yourself and a nice stretch of beach
- Lie flat on your back in the sand, knees bent at right angles
- Clasp your arms across your chest.
- Curl up, raising your head and shoulders until your arms touch you thighs
- Lower your head, shoulders and pelvis back down to the sand.
- Repeat until you have completed your set.
Key points to remember
- Warm up before any exercise program. At the beach, a run and some stretches is a good way to start.
- Breathe out as you curl up, breathe in as you return.
- The movement must be smooth, not jerky.
- If it is sunny, don't forget to cover yourself up with a hat or some sunscreen. If it is hot, be sure to drink lots of water to stay well hydrated.
- your hands may be held loosely at the side of the head, but not clasped behind the head.
- more fitness at the beach
- sit up exercise for at home
- sit up endurance and strength fitness tests
- Sit Up World Records