Nutrition > Sport
Home of Sports Nutrition
For the athlete or coach, this site has a huge collection of sports nutrition advice, and best of all - it's for free! Please have a good look around the site - there is heaps more that you may find of interest. See also the sections on Nutrition for Health and Weight Loss.
Complete Sports Nutrition
- Weight Control — for many athletes, the greatest nutritional concern is body weight, whether making weight in the short term, or losing or gaining a few extra pounds.
- Nutrients — each of the major food nutrients play a role in the diet of athletes.
- Hydration— It is important to get enough fluids before competition and training, but also it is important to re-hydrate after exercise to aid recovery.
- Supplements — For the extra edge, you may need to supplement you diet.
- Fuel for Exercise — when preparing for an event, you need to know what to eat or drink before, during or after your event.
- Health — it is important for all athletes to stay healthy.
- Sport Specific — Whatever your sport, when preparing for an event, you need to know what to eat.
- Out & About — a successful athlete may be required to travel for their sport, and there are many nutritional considerations for this.
- Resources — more information about sports nutrition.