Sports & Fitness Polls
Who is the Greatest Olympian of All Time?
Who is the greatest Olympian in the history of the summer Olympic Games? Defining the greatest in sport is always difficult, and may depend on things like the number of medals won, the number of Olympics participated in and the impact they had on their sport and society in general. If you think that the greatest Olympian is not listed, there is also the final option of 'other'. If you pick other, please use the comment form below to tell us who you think is the greatest. Also see our other Olympics Polls.
- Michael Phelps - swimmer, most Olympic medals.
- Carl Lewis - nine gold medals, long jump and sprints.
- Steve Redgrave - five straight golds in rowing.
- Paavo Nurmi - 12 medals in track and field.
- Mark Spitz - 9 gold medals in swimming.
- Larissa Latynina - Soviet gymnast who won 18 medals
- Jesse Owens - ground breaking sprinter, 4 golds at one Olympics.
- Jim Thorpe - all rounder in track and field.
- Nadia Comaneci - gymnast achieving perfect 10s.
- more Olympic Games Polls
- About the Summer Olympics
- see also the poll about your favorite Summer Olympic Games sports
- list of Sports and Fitness Polls
- suggest a poll