Sport & Science Resources
Education in Sport and the Sport Sciences
There are many careers in sports-related fields and a large range of sporting education courses to choose from. Here are the specific areas of study, with examples of courses around the world.
- Sports Coach — learn how to tell others how to do it.
- Education — learn to teach about sport, health and fitness.
- Sports Trainer — to become a Personal Trainer, Strength and Conditioning Coach, fitness instructors.
- Sports Medicine / Sports Physician — medical practitioners, physiotherapists, physical therapists, sports trainer.
Other Areas of Study
- Exercise Physiology — you can work in wellness, training, testing and research etc.
- Sports Dietetics — a career mixing food and athletes.
- Sports Officials — there would be no sport without umpires and referees.
- Sport Psychology — get into the minds of athletes.
- Biomechanics — jobs in biomechanics.
- Sport Journalism — write about what you like to watch.
- Administration — work with any sport as an assistant or facilities manager
- Sports Photographer — getting right next to the action to take photos sounds like a great job.
- Sports Marketing — including the job as a Sports Agent.
- Sports Business — starting a business in the fitness industry.