London, 2012 Olympic Games
The most recent Olympic Games was the Games of the XXX Olympiad, held in London, England. The games took place from 27 July to 12 August 2012. London was the first city to host the Games three times - London had previously been an Olympic host city in 1908 and 1948.
- List of Sports for London 2012.
- Olympic Venues for London
- The 2012 Medal Tally will be updated once the games begin.
- London Torch Relay
- London Games Mascots - the London Games mascots are Wenlock (Olympic Games) and Mandeville (Paralympics).
The London 2012 Olympics are said to have cost over £10 billion.
It was the first Games to have a double amputee compete in both the Olympics and Paralympics: Oscar Pistorius (aka the 'Blade Runner'), a South African 400-meter runner and a double amputee.
Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt became the first man ever to win six Olympic gold medals in sprinting, winning gold in the 100/200m double plus the 4x100m relay, as he did in 2008.
During the round-robin group play of the women's doubles badminton tournament, four teams were accused of trying to lose in order to manipulate the draw, and were subsequently disqualified from the competition
- Nutrition at the 2012 London Games.
- About the previous Games in Beijing 2008 and the next in Rio 2016
- all about the participation of The UK at the Olympic Games