The Olympic Games
In October 2009, Rio was named the host of the Summer Games in 2016, and will become the first South American city to host the Olympic Games.
The next Winter Olympics will be held in Sochi in 2014
In the meantime, this site contains interesting facts and fun things to do with the Summer Olympic Games throughout the ages.
- Olympic Games history and list of mascots.
- There are famous and not so famous Quotes from Olympians or about Olympians.
- there is an extensive list of Olympic Trivia sorted by year.
- read profiles of Past Olympic Champions, and even some Royalty.
- medal tables from every year, with analysis and other info about medals and medallists.
- and heaps of Links to other Olympic information, posters, highlights, media and books to purchase.
- Science and the Olympics
The Olympic Motto
In 1921, Pierre de Coubertin, the founder of the modern Olympic Games, borrowed a Latin phrase from his friend, Father Henri Didon, for the Olympic motto: Citius, Altius, Fortius ("Faster, Higher, Stronger").
- Don't forget to check out this fascinating section on Discontinued Olympic Sports, and other Olympics Sites
- Try our Olympic Games Quiz Questions on the Quiz Section. There are also Olympic Games Polls.
- See the section on Australia at the Olympic Games
- Information about Olympic Pin Collecting.
- Nutrition at the Olympics.
- some Olympic symbols and images in the clipart section, and Olympic Games public domain images.
- read the olympics entries on the sporting blog.
- Art and the Olympic Games.
- Olympic Games videos.