Equipment Required: a pair of dumbbells, flat bench
- Lie on a flat bench with your feet on the floor for stability.
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, push them upward and together directly above the chest.
- Elbows should be slightly bent and the palms should face each other.
- Lower the dumbbells to the sides of the chest, keeping the elbows in the same position, until the weights are at the level of the shoulders.
- Return the dumbbells back up to the starting position.
Key points to remember
- Keep the abdominals tight and the lower back in a neutral position