Dumbbell Triceps Kickback
Equipment Required: single dumbbell weight and a flat bench below knee height.
- Start by standing next to a flat bench with the dumbbell in the right hand.
- place the left knee on the bench, keep the right knee bent with the foot flat on the floor
- bend forward from the hips, and support yourself by placing the left hand on the bench
- your upper body should be parallel to the floor and the head facing down.
- Bend the right arm and raise the elbow past the torso.
- Keeping the elbow in place, push the dumbbell back and up by extending the arm backwards.
- at full extension momentarily pause, then slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat until the set if finished, then perform with the opposite arm.
Key points to remember
- Throughout the is exercise it is important to keep the lower back in a neutral position (not over extended)
- similar exercises can work the triceps muscle group, such as the triceps pushdown